- Men trapped on fishing boats forced to work, by not being allowed to go on shore.
- Whole families conscripted into working for brick-making plants in India due to a past debt.
- Women used to due hair extensions in Western beauty parlors.
- A children’s choir from Africa touring a rich country to accolades, only to find the performers are paid next to nothing.
- Young girls tricked into prostitution by the false promise of good jobs in Eastern Europe or Southeast Asia or in the United States.
Last week I posted the video of the song 27 Million, sung by Matt Redman and LZ7 to bring awareness to all of the people worldwide in slave conditions. The idea is that there are 27 million people in slavery around the globe RIGHT NOW.
All of the above scenarios are part of modern day slavery and human trafficking. It happens in rich and poor countries, in the West, East, North, and South. Some critics say abolition groups focus on sexual aspects of trafficking. It just happens to be very common, but there are many variations of slavery altogether.
Is it unreasonable to think we can change this?
If African slavery was ended in Europe and the United States, why can’t it happen now?
If a committed group continues to cry for justice, will the cry be heard?
I believe in a God of power and justice, so yes, I believe it will be heard. I believe it can happen.
Don’t forget. Read and get educated.
There will be more…